In today’s era of extensive globalization, being multilingual provides a definite edge. However, acquiring written proficiency in a foreign language can be quite challenging, especially if the language is English. Not only does it have extensive vocabulary, phrases and ambiguous spellings, there are many regional variations of the language present as well. Below are some tips to help people write better English:
1. Form the sentences directly in English. Framing them in native language and then translating them into English should be avoided.
2. Read a diverse variety of English texts to identify different writing styles, like formal, informal, descriptive, narrative etc.
3. Try to be precise yet lucid. English has a lot of words which convey a specific meaning. Try to learn and use them.
4. Focus on the grammar and spellings. The sentence construction and spellings can be quite tricky in English. Ensure that there is consistency in tenses.
5. Avoid using translation websites while writing. Mostly, they provide accurate translation only for single words, not for whole sentences.